- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 6 cups Frozen hash browns thawed 2/3 cup butter melted
- 2 cups cooked ham diced -OR 2 cups browned breakfast sausage 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup tomato catsup or 3 sliced tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with oil.
- Press hash browns on bottom of pan. They should be at least 1/2 inch deep as they shrink down as the crust browns. Drizzle melted butter over potatoes.
- Bake at 425F for 25 minutes until crisp and browned. Reduce heat to 350F. Sprinkle ham or sausage and cheese over crust.
- Beat eggs, milk and salt; pour over crust and filling. Return to oven and bake, covered, 25-35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- In the last few minutes of baking, uncover and add a few decorative squiggles of catsup to the top or tomatoes with onion & pepper.
- Vegetarian options: Saute onions & mushrooms w/ a bit of salt & pepper. Use this in place of meat in the recipe. Vegetarian sausage will also work.
- Replace butter w/ canola oil and use the whites of 4 eggs with one whole egg to reduce the cholesterol content if you wish.
NotesA hardy breakfast casserole that travels well. Great for office pot-lucks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More