- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound spicy or mild bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- (about half of a 32-ounce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese (6
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion till no pink remains. Drain.
- In an 8x8x2-inch (2-quart square) baking dish, layer potatoes, half of the cheese, sausage-onion mixture and remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and pepper; pour over cheese. (Casserole may be covered and chilled overnight.)
- Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 50 to 55 minutes or till a knife inserted
- near center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire
- rack. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Pass the salsa.
- Makes 6 servings.
NotesThe breakfast dish comes from the Knollwood House
bed and breakfast in River
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More