- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound spicy or mild bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- (about half of a 32-ounce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese (6
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion till no pink remains. Drain.
- In an 8x8x2-inch (2-quart square) baking dish, layer potatoes, half of the cheese, sausage-onion mixture and remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and pepper; pour over cheese. (Casserole may be covered and chilled overnight.)
- Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 50 to 55 minutes or till a knife inserted
- near center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire
- rack. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Pass the salsa.
- Makes 6 servings.
NotesThe breakfast dish comes from the Knollwood House
bed and breakfast in River