- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 20 oz. Cans Comstock Cherry Pie Filling
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the butter in a deep baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Mix self-rising flour and sugar in a bowl and set aside. In second bowl, pour milk and gradually whisk in flour mixture until all incorporated. Be careful to add this gradually so it doesn't clump up. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon both cans of fruit filling on top, gently pouring in syrup (if any.) Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- To make self rising flour:
- For each cup of all-purpose flour add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and a dash of salt. Sift together.
- This recipe can be adapted to any canned pie filling, or to use fresh or frozen fruits, follow the directions below:
- Place 4 cups of fresh peeled or frozen fruit in saucepan. Add 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes until juice starts to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside. Now follow directions above for preparing batter and add this fruit and syrup as you would the canned product.
NotesThis recipe was adapted from Paula Deen's Peach Cobbler Recipe. I always find her recipes easy to prepare, and quite tasty too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Cooking with Sabra
Delightful DessertsSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More