- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar
- 1/2 -1 tsp (2-5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 can (235 g) Pillsbury* Crescents
- 1 large apple, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) almond extract or amaretto
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F (190Â°C). Combine 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar and 1/2 -1 tsp (2-5 mL) cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles; sprinkle sugar mixture into each triangle, flattening each slightly.
- Place apple on shortest side of each triangle; tuck in edges around apple slice. Roll up, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point. Seal all seams.
- Place point side down in ungreased 9-inch (23 cm) round baking pan or pie pan, placing long side of 7 filled crescents around outside edge of dish and 1 in center.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Remove baking pan from oven.
- Spoon sauce evenly over partially baked rolls. Sprinkle with almonds and cinnamon. Return to oven.
- Bake for an additional 13 to 18 minutes or until deep golden brown. If necessary, cover with foil during last 5 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Makes: 8 servings.
- Tip: Try substituting pure maple syrup for almond extract in this Fall weather favorite.
NotesWake up your family with the wonderfully intoxicating aroma of freshly baked apples and spices.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More