- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWake up your family with the wonderfully intoxicating aroma of freshly baked apples and spices.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar
- 1/2 -1 tsp (2-5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 can (235 g) Pillsbury* Crescents
- 1 large apple, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) almond extract or amaretto
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F (190Â°C). Combine 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar and 1/2 -1 tsp (2-5 mL) cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles; sprinkle sugar mixture into each triangle, flattening each slightly.
- Place apple on shortest side of each triangle; tuck in edges around apple slice. Roll up, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point. Seal all seams.
- Place point side down in ungreased 9-inch (23 cm) round baking pan or pie pan, placing long side of 7 filled crescents around outside edge of dish and 1 in center.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Remove baking pan from oven.
- Spoon sauce evenly over partially baked rolls. Sprinkle with almonds and cinnamon. Return to oven.
- Bake for an additional 13 to 18 minutes or until deep golden brown. If necessary, cover with foil during last 5 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Makes: 8 servings.
- Tip: Try substituting pure maple syrup for almond extract in this Fall weather favorite.