- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryThis recipe is adapted from a similar version shown to me by the mother of a childhood friend. Definitely a comfort food that my teenage boys LOVE!!
- 1/2 Loaf of any good bread (white, oatmeal, wheat or multigrain are all good)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Heat large skillet and coat with either butter or canola oil.(I prefer Land O Lakes sweet creamery spread)
- Slice the loaf of bread into really thick slices (at least 3/4 inch)
- In large bowl/casserole, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dip bread in above mixture until coated on both sides.
- Cook till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.
- (Can also refrigerate leftovers and re-heat in microwave for 20- 30 secs on high)
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More