- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 Loaf of any good bread (white, oatmeal, wheat or multigrain are all good)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Heat large skillet and coat with either butter or canola oil.(I prefer Land O Lakes sweet creamery spread)
- Slice the loaf of bread into really thick slices (at least 3/4 inch)
- In large bowl/casserole, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dip bread in above mixture until coated on both sides.
- Cook till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.
- (Can also refrigerate leftovers and re-heat in microwave for 20- 30 secs on high)
NotesThis recipe is adapted from a similar version shown to me by the mother of a childhood friend. Definitely a comfort food that my teenage boys LOVE!!