- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (4-ounce) beef cube steaks
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 bunch green onions, or 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- Refrigerator/or/frozen biscuits
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1 side of the meat with the garlic salt and pepper and the other side with the seasoning salt, and then dredge the meat in buttermilk and then flour. Heat 1/2 cup oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 or 4 of the steaks to the hot oil and fry until browned, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove each steak to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with the remaining steaks, adding up to 1/4 cup more oil, as needed.
- Make the gravy by adding the 2 tablespoons remaining flour to the pan drippings, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon. Stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the salt. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until the flour is medium brown and the mixture is bubbly. Slowly add the whole milk, stirring constantly. Return the steaks to the skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, and place the onions on top of the steaks. Cover the pan, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Prepare biscuits according to package directions.
- Split biscuits in half and top with country fried steak and drizzle with gravy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More