COUNTRY INN PANCAKES
Country Inn Pancakes
- Servings: 4 (about a dozen)
- One and a half cups of all-purpose flour
- A cup of whole-wheat flour
- One-half spoonful of salt
- Two spoonfuls of brown sugar
- One spoonful of baking powder
- Several large pinches of grated nutmeg
- Two eggs
- Two sticks of melted butter, eight ounces
- Two cups of milk
- A splash of vanilla extract
- A cup of blueberries (optional)
Preheat your griddle or skillet over a medium-low heat while you mix the batter.
Whisk the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg together in a large bowl until they’re evenly combined. In a separate bowl use the same whisk to beat the eggs then whisk in the butter, milk and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and switch to a wooden spoon. Combine with a few quick strokes. Leave the batter a bit lumpy so the flour doesn’t over-mix and get tough. Let the batter rest for a few minutes; the flour will absorb the milk and the batter will stiffen.
For each batch add a splash of vegetable oil to the pan then spoon in the batter. Bake until the bottom of each pancake is browned and bubbles break on the top surface. Carefully flip then bake a few moments more. Drench with butter and maple syrup then start your day with a big smile!
If you're watching your waistline, be warned, there's a lot of fat in those.
Website Credit: http://www.chefmichaelsmith.ca/en/home/Recipes/RecipeDetails.aspx?cms=bW9kZT0zJnJJRD02NQ__