Country Meatloaf with Tomato Relish
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 bay leaves
1 onion, diced
2 red bell peppers, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
12 ounces ketchup
1½ pounds ground beef
1 pound ground pork
2 teaspoon thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare tomato relish.
3. Heat olive oil in skillet. Add garlic, bay leaves, and onion; sauté until caramelized. Add red peppers;
cook until soft. Add tomatoes, parsley, and Worcestershire; cook 10 minutes until cooks down. Stir in
ketchup and cook about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
4. Combine beef and pork in a large mixing bowl; smoosh together with hands. Add ½ cup of relish; fold
in well. Add eggs and thyme; mix with hands just until blended. Do not over mix or the meat loaf will
become dense and tough. Season meat mixture with salt and pepper.
5. Spray loaf pan with nonstick spray. Fill loaf pan with meat mixture, mounding it a bit on top. Spoon
tomato relish generously on surface of meat, reserving some to serve with it. Place loaf pan on cookie
sheet and bake from 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until meat pulls away from of pan.
6. Remove meat from loaf pan and allow to cool slightly before cutting into slices. Serve with remaining
tomato relish on the side
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Beef