- Cooking Time: 3-5 hrs
- Preparation Time:
- meaty pork short ribs or “country” ribs
- olive oil
- beef broth
- sliced onions
- cold-pack sauerkraut
- caraway seed
- potatoes to serve with
- Rub ribs with olive oil and generously sprinkle with pepper.
- Brown in a large frying pan; transfer to a baking pan and pour beef broth over.
- Layer sliced onions on top of the ribs.
- Bake several hours in a slow oven.
- When tender, spread a good cold-pack sauerkraut over the ribs and continue to cook until the juices are absorbed and the ribs are tender enough to cut with a fork.
- Top with caraway seed and serve with potatoes.
- (I usually cook this 3 to 5 hours at 325 degrees, but can stay in the oven longer at a lower temperature if desired. Bon Appetit!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More