- Cooking Time: 3-5 hrs
- Preparation Time:
- meaty pork short ribs or “country” ribs
- olive oil
- beef broth
- sliced onions
- cold-pack sauerkraut
- caraway seed
- potatoes to serve with
- Rub ribs with olive oil and generously sprinkle with pepper.
- Brown in a large frying pan; transfer to a baking pan and pour beef broth over.
- Layer sliced onions on top of the ribs.
- Bake several hours in a slow oven.
- When tender, spread a good cold-pack sauerkraut over the ribs and continue to cook until the juices are absorbed and the ribs are tender enough to cut with a fork.
- Top with caraway seed and serve with potatoes.
- (I usually cook this 3 to 5 hours at 325 degrees, but can stay in the oven longer at a lower temperature if desired. Bon Appetit!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More