COUNTRY RIBS AND KRAUT
- Cooking Time: 3-5 hrs
- Preparation Time:
- meaty pork short ribs or “country” ribs
- olive oil
- beef broth
- sliced onions
- cold-pack sauerkraut
- caraway seed
- potatoes to serve with
- Rub ribs with olive oil and generously sprinkle with pepper.
- Brown in a large frying pan; transfer to a baking pan and pour beef broth over.
- Layer sliced onions on top of the ribs.
- Bake several hours in a slow oven.
- When tender, spread a good cold-pack sauerkraut over the ribs and continue to cook until the juices are absorbed and the ribs are tender enough to cut with a fork.
- Top with caraway seed and serve with potatoes.
- (I usually cook this 3 to 5 hours at 325 degrees, but can stay in the oven longer at a lower temperature if desired. Bon Appetit!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More