- Cooking Time: 45 to 50
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 4 Cups sugar
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- 16 Eggs
- 80 Ounces frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 slices or more of Demi Bouquet bread, cubed
- 32 ounce jar strawberry preserves
- Slice partially thawed strawberries in half.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at the time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the bread cubes in egg mixture.
- Stir in strawberries, almond extract and lemon lemon juice.
- Fold in strawberries in the bread mixture
- Spray butter flavored cooking spray in 19½ x 12 x 3½ inch baking pan or use full size steam table pan.
- Pour half of the bread mixture in baking pan and spread half of the preserves over bread mixture.
- Pour remaining bread mixture over preserves and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 325ºF for 40 to 45 minutes or until top is golden and set.
- Spread remaining preserves on top and bake for an additional 5 mnutes.
NotesGot the idea for this recipe while taking a shower last Sunday morning at 3:30. Made a smaller badge and it taste great.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More