- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Bear Stew Meat
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate bear stew meat in buttermilk and a tenderizer overnight.
- Wash thoroughly.
- Dice bear meat into fork size portions.
- Brown quickly in a small amount of bacon drippings.
- Put bear meat, vegetables, seasonings and enough water to cover meat in a pot.
- Cover pot tightly and simmer until tender over low heat.
- Make gravy from where the bear meat was browned. To make dark use flour browned in pan , with water from the meat & vegtables added.
- If white gravy use flour with added milk.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
NotesMy Great-Granny Biggs used to make this on an old cast iron wood stove. Depending on how many was comming to supper, is how much vegatables she'd use. So I wrote it here as she wrote it down. Used to be black bears around in Tennessee more than today, they would get after our stock, and we'd have to hunt them down. And Grand daddy Clouse never would hunt anything he would not eat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More