- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cube steak
- seasoned flour (I like chicken breader mix by House Autry Mills)
- vegetable oil
- Coat bottom of large frying pan with vegetable oil.
- Cut steak in to smaller serving pieces
- Dredge steak in seasoned flour
- Fry steak in oil until brown on both sides
- Place steak in a deep microwavable dish
- Make gravy by removing excess oil and adding a couple of tablespoons of seasoned flour.
- Stir until it ALMOST burns.
- Using a wisk, slowly add water until it makes a thin gravy.
- Cook for about a minute to get rid of the flour taste.
- Remember, it should be thin.
- Pour over top of steak, cover, and microwave for 20 minutes on 60% power.
- While this cooks, start your rice, greenbeans (with a slice of bacon) and your biscuits.
- Now that's some NC comfort food!
NotesFor you working women that still want to cook a southern comfort dish, this is a quick way to make country style steak and your family will think you've been cooking all day.
Serve with some rice, greenbeans, and biscuits.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More