- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cube steak
- seasoned flour (I like chicken breader mix by House Autry Mills)
- vegetable oil
- Coat bottom of large frying pan with vegetable oil.
- Cut steak in to smaller serving pieces
- Dredge steak in seasoned flour
- Fry steak in oil until brown on both sides
- Place steak in a deep microwavable dish
- Make gravy by removing excess oil and adding a couple of tablespoons of seasoned flour.
- Stir until it ALMOST burns.
- Using a wisk, slowly add water until it makes a thin gravy.
- Cook for about a minute to get rid of the flour taste.
- Remember, it should be thin.
- Pour over top of steak, cover, and microwave for 20 minutes on 60% power.
- While this cooks, start your rice, greenbeans (with a slice of bacon) and your biscuits.
- Now that's some NC comfort food!
NotesFor you working women that still want to cook a southern comfort dish, this is a quick way to make country style steak and your family will think you've been cooking all day.
Serve with some rice, greenbeans, and biscuits.