- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T butter
- ¼ Cup minced onion
- 1 mushroom - sliced thin
- 12 asparagus spears - cut in 1” pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 fresh basil leaves cut in thin ribbons
- 1/8 Cup fresh parsley - minced
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 2 T milk
- 2-3 slices jalapeño cheese - diced for quick melting (about 1/8 cup)
- Saute onions, mushrooms and asparagus, along with salt and pepper, on med-low heat.
- When onions are almost transparent, add basil and parsley.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Add couscous - stir and cook till couscous is hot.
- Whisk egg, sour cream and milk till smooth.
- Pour over couscous / veggie mix - top with cheese.
- Stir with wooden spoon till egg is almost dry.
NotesIt’s amazing what leftovers and cleaning out the fridge can accomplish.
I had to write it down so I could make it again.
Serves - Lunch for 1 or sides for 2
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking with SabraSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More