- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T butter
- ¼ Cup minced onion
- 1 mushroom - sliced thin
- 12 asparagus spears - cut in 1” pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 fresh basil leaves cut in thin ribbons
- 1/8 Cup fresh parsley - minced
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 2 T milk
- 2-3 slices jalapeño cheese - diced for quick melting (about 1/8 cup)
- Saute onions, mushrooms and asparagus, along with salt and pepper, on med-low heat.
- When onions are almost transparent, add basil and parsley.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Add couscous - stir and cook till couscous is hot.
- Whisk egg, sour cream and milk till smooth.
- Pour over couscous / veggie mix - top with cheese.
- Stir with wooden spoon till egg is almost dry.
NotesIt’s amazing what leftovers and cleaning out the fridge can accomplish.
I had to write it down so I could make it again.
Serves - Lunch for 1 or sides for 2
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More