- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 lb Boneless lamb, cut in 6 pieces
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 cup Water
- 1 cup Dried chick peas, soaked overnight, drained and skins peeled off
- 2 lb Large onions, cut in long slices
- 1 cup White raisins
- 1 lb Couscous
- Put the oil and lamb in the bottom of the couscousier and stir fry over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, turmeric and water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chick peas, onions and raisins and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- At this time, prepare the couscous in the traditional manner rinsing and steaming twice in the top of the couscousier while the stew cooks in the bottom.
- Total cooking time for both the pasta and stew is 1 hour.
- To serve, put the pasta in a large bowl and level it slightly.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the sauce over it.
- Do not overdo it as it will make the pasta soggy.
- Toss well to mix.
- Excess sauce can be served separately.
- Put the lamb pieces in the center of the pasta and arrange the onions, raisins, and chick peas over everything.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More