- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 lb Boneless lamb, cut in 6 pieces
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 cup Water
- 1 cup Dried chick peas, soaked overnight, drained and skins peeled off
- 2 lb Large onions, cut in long slices
- 1 cup White raisins
- 1 lb Couscous
- Put the oil and lamb in the bottom of the couscousier and stir fry over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, turmeric and water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chick peas, onions and raisins and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- At this time, prepare the couscous in the traditional manner rinsing and steaming twice in the top of the couscousier while the stew cooks in the bottom.
- Total cooking time for both the pasta and stew is 1 hour.
- To serve, put the pasta in a large bowl and level it slightly.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the sauce over it.
- Do not overdo it as it will make the pasta soggy.
- Toss well to mix.
- Excess sauce can be served separately.
- Put the lamb pieces in the center of the pasta and arrange the onions, raisins, and chick peas over everything.