- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (10-12 oz.) couscous
- 2-3 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth, depending on amount of couscous
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. basil-flavored olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, peeled and blanched, for garnish
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced, for garnish
- Prepare couscous according to package instructions, using broth in place of water. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium heat until hot. Add zucchini, peppers and dried tomatoes and sauté until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Turn cooled couscous into large bowl. Mix in sautéed vegetables. Toss with herbed olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixed salad on a serving plate. Garnish with sliced tomatoes and asparagus spears.
- Makes 7 cups (without garnish)
- Nutritional Information:
- Per serving: 249 calories, 8 g. total fat (1 g. saturated fat), 37 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. protein, 3 g. dietary fiber, 331 mg. sodium.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More