- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cup Couscous
- 3 cup Water
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Carrots, cut in 1.5" pieces
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cup Onions, diced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbl Coriander, ground
- 1 tbl Paprika
- 1 tbl Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 6 tbl Cilantro
- 1/3 cup Dried apricots
- 1 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbl Lemon juice, (or 3, to taste)
- Put apricots to soak in hot water for about 1/2 hour.
- Put the couscous in a shallow baking pan or ceramic dish, about 9 inches square and 2 inches high.
- Bring the water to a boil with the cinnamon and pour over the couscous.
- Cover the pan with foil and let the couscous sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Bring the broth to a boil.
- Cook the vegetables in the broth until tender but not soft.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside
- Add the onions to the broth and cook until tender and translucent, 10 or 15 minutes over moderate heat.
- Add the garlic, spices, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro (I added some dried basil instead) and the tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the vegetables and stir till reheated.
- Adjust seasoning and add lemon juice, if desired.
NotesNOTES : Spicy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Italy or Bust
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More