- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cup Couscous
- 3 cup Water
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Carrots, cut in 1.5" pieces
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cup Onions, diced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbl Coriander, ground
- 1 tbl Paprika
- 1 tbl Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 6 tbl Cilantro
- 1/3 cup Dried apricots
- 1 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbl Lemon juice, (or 3, to taste)
- Put apricots to soak in hot water for about 1/2 hour.
- Put the couscous in a shallow baking pan or ceramic dish, about 9 inches square and 2 inches high.
- Bring the water to a boil with the cinnamon and pour over the couscous.
- Cover the pan with foil and let the couscous sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Bring the broth to a boil.
- Cook the vegetables in the broth until tender but not soft.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside
- Add the onions to the broth and cook until tender and translucent, 10 or 15 minutes over moderate heat.
- Add the garlic, spices, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro (I added some dried basil instead) and the tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the vegetables and stir till reheated.
- Adjust seasoning and add lemon juice, if desired.
NotesNOTES : Spicy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Recipes for Vitality
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More