COUSIN COSMO'S GREEK CHICKEN
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 2 cups loosely packed torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
On large plate, combine 1 tablespoon flour, salt, and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine cheese, lemon juice, and oregano.
With a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness.
Spread cheese mixture on each chicken breast, leaving 1/2 inch border.
Fold chicken breasts in half; secure each with toothpick.
Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups water, chicken bouillon cube, and remaining flour; pour over chicken breasts in pan.
Add spinach and tomato to skillet, and bring to boil.
Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Discard toothpicks before serving.