- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup crumbled pepperjack cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, parsley, basil, cumin, dill, pepper, bread crumbs, mustard, salt, eggs, cheese and ground beef.
- Mix well using your hands, making sure that the cheese is evenly distributed.
- Roll the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place in a lightly greased skillet.
- Place the rings of onion over the top of the meatballs.
- Cover the pan, and set the heat to medium-low. Turn the meatballs over after about 3 minutes, and increase the heat to medium.
- Continue to cook the meatballs, turning every 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve immediately
NotesA zippy new take on the traditional meatball dish, the real secret in the flavor is the combination of the cumin, dill, and pepperjack cheese, which leaves the meatballs nice and moist and has everyone asking for seconds!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Vegan Eats!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More