COWBOY-STYLE "MEAT LOAF"
- Servings: 6
- * 2 teaspoons olive oil
- * 1 cup chopped onion
- * 1/2 cup chopped celery
- * 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- * 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- * 2 garlic cloves, minced
- * 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (optional - I leave out for kids)
- * 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- * 2 cups mashed cooked peeled baking potato (about 1 pound uncooked potatoes)
- * 1 cup regular oats
- * 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- * 1/4 cup ketchup
- * 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- * 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and mashed
- * Cooking spray
- * 1/2 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 6 ingredients (onion through jalapeño); sauté 3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, potato, and the next 7 ingredients (potato through beans). Spoon the potato mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Brush 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over loaf, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until done.