- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- * 2 teaspoons olive oil
- * 1 cup chopped onion
- * 1/2 cup chopped celery
- * 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- * 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- * 2 garlic cloves, minced
- * 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (optional - I leave out for kids)
- * 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- * 2 cups mashed cooked peeled baking potato (about 1 pound uncooked potatoes)
- * 1 cup regular oats
- * 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- * 1/4 cup ketchup
- * 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- * 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and mashed
- * Cooking spray
- * 1/2 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 6 ingredients (onion through jalapeño); sauté 3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, potato, and the next 7 ingredients (potato through beans). Spoon the potato mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Brush 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over loaf, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until done.
NotesFrom Cooking Light: Kidney beans and mashed potatoes are the hearty base to this zesty 'meatless loaf,' which is made flavorful with lots of peppers, barbecue sauce, and cilantro.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Christmas CookiesSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More