- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups finely crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup green or white crème de menthe liqueur*
- 1 (4.67-ounce) package crème de menthe chocolate mint candy thins, chopped (reserve 6 for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Aerosol Whipped Heavy Cream, optional
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together all crust ingredients in large bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of lightly greased 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Combine sugar and cream cheese in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Continue beating, adding eggs one at a time, until well mixed. (DO NOT OVER BEAT.)
- Stir in liqueur by hand.
- Stir together 1/2 cup chopped mints and 1 teaspoon flour in small bowl; gently stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour filling onto crust. Sprinkle with remaining chopped mints.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until firm to touch.
- (Cheesecake surface may be slightly cracked.)
- Loosen side of cheesecake by running knife around inside of pan.
- Cool 1 hour.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Garnish top of cheesecake with whipped cream and top with reserved mints, if desired.
- Store refrigerated.
- *Substitute 1 teaspoon peppermint extract plus 6 drops green food color.
- TIP:To prevent cracking, place pan of warm water on rack below cheesecake in oven.
- TIP:Chocolate mint candies are individually wrapped.
NotesThis rich, creamy cheesecake with crème de menthe and mint candies will impress everyone.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More