- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 passion fruits - about 1/2 lb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Key lime juice
- 2 wild lime leaves, fine chiffonade
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 2 TB water
- Make crêpes and set aside.
- Remove pulp from passion fruits and place in a food processor, pulse a few times to remove the pulp and juice from the seeds.
- Strain juice, reserve seeds for possible garnish if you wish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add sugar, passion fruit pulp, lime leaves, water and key lime juice.
- Cook, stirring until sugar melts completely.
- Bring mixture to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fold crêpes into quarters and arrange in a chaffing dish.
- Once syrup has boiled for 3 minutes, carefully add rum, stir to combine, try to not let it catch fire yet, but bring it back to a simmer.
- If your chaffing dish has a heat source underneath, ignite it now.
- Carefully pour the passion/rum sauce over the crêpes, let the mixture simmer again, then ignite as for crêpe suzette.
- Let the flame die on it's own, then kill the heat source underneath the chaffing dish.
- Serve while warm with creme chantilly and a sprinkling of passion fruit seeds.
- Alternately, you can skip the rum step, and arrange crêpes in a shallow oven proof dish, pour sauce over crêpes and broil for 4-5 minutes before serving.
NotesThis is not my original recipe, when I was making this many moons ago I had no idea what a magroot/wild lime was, so cheers to Thai cuisine for this wonderful addition to the culinary arsenal.
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More