- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 passion fruits - about 1/2 lb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Key lime juice
- 2 wild lime leaves, fine chiffonade
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 2 TB water
- Make crêpes and set aside.
- Remove pulp from passion fruits and place in a food processor, pulse a few times to remove the pulp and juice from the seeds.
- Strain juice, reserve seeds for possible garnish if you wish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add sugar, passion fruit pulp, lime leaves, water and key lime juice.
- Cook, stirring until sugar melts completely.
- Bring mixture to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fold crêpes into quarters and arrange in a chaffing dish.
- Once syrup has boiled for 3 minutes, carefully add rum, stir to combine, try to not let it catch fire yet, but bring it back to a simmer.
- If your chaffing dish has a heat source underneath, ignite it now.
- Carefully pour the passion/rum sauce over the crêpes, let the mixture simmer again, then ignite as for crêpe suzette.
- Let the flame die on it's own, then kill the heat source underneath the chaffing dish.
- Serve while warm with creme chantilly and a sprinkling of passion fruit seeds.
- Alternately, you can skip the rum step, and arrange crêpes in a shallow oven proof dish, pour sauce over crêpes and broil for 4-5 minutes before serving.
NotesThis is not my original recipe, when I was making this many moons ago I had no idea what a magroot/wild lime was, so cheers to Thai cuisine for this wonderful addition to the culinary arsenal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Simple Homemade Favorites
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More