- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 oz bacon, small dice
- 8 oz butter
- 1 lg onion, small dice
- 8 stalks celery, small dice
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 3 quarts crab stock
- 1 lb corn
- 12 oz potatoes, small dice
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- 16 oz half & half
- Cut all vegetables as described.
- Place the bacon and the butter into a soup pot.
- Cook to render the fat from the bacon.
- Cook until the bacon is browned, then remove.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic.
- Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Cook the vegetable flour mixture on low for about
- 5 minutes.
- Keep a stir on the mixture.
- Add the stock to the vegetable/flour mixture while whisking. Bring the soup to a simmer.
- Add the corn and the potatoes.
- Continue to simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the crabmeat, Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the half & half while whisking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More