- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 oz bacon, small dice
- 8 oz butter
- 1 lg onion, small dice
- 8 stalks celery, small dice
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 3 quarts crab stock
- 1 lb corn
- 12 oz potatoes, small dice
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- 16 oz half & half
- Cut all vegetables as described.
- Place the bacon and the butter into a soup pot.
- Cook to render the fat from the bacon.
- Cook until the bacon is browned, then remove.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic.
- Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Cook the vegetable flour mixture on low for about
- 5 minutes.
- Keep a stir on the mixture.
- Add the stock to the vegetable/flour mixture while whisking. Bring the soup to a simmer.
- Add the corn and the potatoes.
- Continue to simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the crabmeat, Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the half & half while whisking.
Fun appetizers and snacks
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More