- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 celery, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 peeled and diced potato
- 2 cups half-and-half milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. 2) Add onions and celery; saute until onions are transparent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour and mix well. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not burn, or let it go lumpy.
- Add water, chicken broth and chicken soup base; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in parsley and diced potato. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in half and half milk, soy sauce, crab meat and seasonings. Raise heat to medium and bring chowder just to a boil. Serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More