CRAB & POTATO CHOWDER
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 celery, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 peeled and diced potato
- 2 cups half-and-half milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper
In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. 2) Add onions and celery; saute until onions are transparent, about 4 minutes.
Stir in flour and mix well. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not burn, or let it go lumpy.
Add water, chicken broth and chicken soup base; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil.
Stir in parsley and diced potato. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Stir in half and half milk, soy sauce, crab meat and seasonings. Raise heat to medium and bring chowder just to a boil. Serve hot.