CRAB BISQUE MOUSSE
Crab Bisque Mousse
- 16 oz. Cream Cheese - Softened to room temperature
- 3 Green Onions - Minced
- 1-1/2 Cups Celery - Minced
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper - Minced
- 2 - 10 oz. Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (condensed, no not add water)
- 2 TBSP Gelatin (unflavored, unsweetened)
- 6 TBSP Water - Cool
- 16 oz. Crab Meat (canned)
- 1-1/2 Cups Mayonnaise (Best Foods)
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Red Pepper Flakes (ground) or use 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TBSP Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 6 TBL Dry Sauterne Wine
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 - Sourdough Bread Boules (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- Fresh Parsley & green onion for garnish
Bread Bowls- top sliced off of one sourdough loaf and hollowed out to create a "Bowl" (the other loaf, cut up in chunks for serving alongside)
Green Onion - Chopped or "Fans" (Green Onion tops and bottoms sliced in thin strips, leaving center part intact, still attached and soaked in Ice Water until they fan out)
Let your Cream Cheese set out to soften to room temperature.
Mince finely your Celery and Green Pepper and place in a mixing bowl.
Gently heat your Mushroom Soup until it is warm.
Mix your Gelatin and Water together in a small bowl and stir it into your warmed soup. Let it cool down for about 10 minutes.
Add Soup mixture to your Celery/Green Pepper mixture and then add all the rest of the ingredients, except for the Sauterne and Whipping Cream. Use an imersion blender to mix it thoroughly.
Cover tightly and put in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
Whip your chilled mixture with a hand held mixer on high, adding the Sauterne and Whipping Cream until it is mixed and fluffy. Add more cream if you want it creamier.
Spoon the mousse into your Bread Bowl. Put it on a large platter and surround it with Bread Chunks. Garnish with Fresh Parsley and Green Onion, if desired.
Use Spread Knives to serve.
You will love this!