- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 oz. Cream Cheese - Softened to room temperature
- 3 Green Onions - Minced
- 1-1/2 Cups Celery - Minced
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper - Minced
- 2 - 10 oz. Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (condensed, no not add water)
- 2 TBSP Gelatin (unflavored, unsweetened)
- 6 TBSP Water - Cool
- 16 oz. Crab Meat (canned)
- 1-1/2 Cups Mayonnaise (Best Foods)
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Red Pepper Flakes (ground) or use 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TBSP Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 6 TBL Dry Sauterne Wine
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 - Sourdough Bread Boules (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- Fresh Parsley & green onion for garnish
- Bread Bowls- top sliced off of one sourdough loaf and hollowed out to create a "Bowl" (the other loaf, cut up in chunks for serving alongside)
- Green Onion - Chopped or "Fans" (Green Onion tops and bottoms sliced in thin strips, leaving center part intact, still attached and soaked in Ice Water until they fan out)
- Let your Cream Cheese set out to soften to room temperature.
- Mince finely your Celery and Green Pepper and place in a mixing bowl.
- Gently heat your Mushroom Soup until it is warm.
- Mix your Gelatin and Water together in a small bowl and stir it into your warmed soup. Let it cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Add Soup mixture to your Celery/Green Pepper mixture and then add all the rest of the ingredients, except for the Sauterne and Whipping Cream. Use an imersion blender to mix it thoroughly.
- Cover tightly and put in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Whip your chilled mixture with a hand held mixer on high, adding the Sauterne and Whipping Cream until it is mixed and fluffy. Add more cream if you want it creamier.
- Spoon the mousse into your Bread Bowl. Put it on a large platter and surround it with Bread Chunks. Garnish with Fresh Parsley and Green Onion, if desired.
- Use Spread Knives to serve.
NotesThis is a great appetizer that I make every year for Thanksgiving dinner. It has become a tradition. Freshly baked Sourdough Boules with a good crust make the best "bowls" and dippers!
You will love this!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More