CRAB CAKES WITH RED CHILI MAYO
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes/batch
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time: 35 minutes + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, red onion and sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce and 1-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice. Set aside.
In a small skillet, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, egg, 1/2 cup reserved mayonnaise mixture and remaining lemon juice. Fold in crab. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining mayonnaise mixture for sauce.
Place flour in a shallow bowl. Drop crab mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into flour.
Gently coat and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty. Repeat with remaining mixture.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties in remaining oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with reserved sauce