- Cooking Time: 10 minutes/batch
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time: 35 minutes + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, red onion and sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce and 1-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, egg, 1/2 cup reserved mayonnaise mixture and remaining lemon juice. Fold in crab. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining mayonnaise mixture for sauce.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Drop crab mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into flour.
- Gently coat and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties in remaining oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with reserved sauce
NotesThis is one of the most popular appetizers I've made and it's so attractive at a party. The spicy mayo is just the right accent.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More