- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 cups soft breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Sweet White-Corn-and Tomato Relish:
- 4 ears fresh white corn (like Silver Queen)
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender. Remove from heat; stir in crabmeat, 2 cups soft breadcrumbs, and next 9 ingredients. Shape mixture into 8 patties; dredge in remaining 1 cup soft breadcrumbs.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook 4 crab cakes 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 Tbsp. butter and crab cakes. Serve immediately with Sweet White-Corn-and Tomato Relish, or cover and chill up to 4 hours. Serves 4-8 depending on portion desired.
- Sweet White-Corn-and Tomato Relish: Cutting recipe in half is sufficient quantity for the crab cakes. Make sure to chill at least the 3 hrs.
- Cook corn in boiling water to cover 1 minute; drain and cool. Cut kernels from cobs.
- Stir together corn, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients; cover and chill 3 hours. Makes 3 cups.
NotesOur family really enjoyed these wonderful crabcakes and relish. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More