- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOur family really enjoyed these wonderful crabcakes and relish. Enjoy!
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 cups soft breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Sweet White-Corn-and Tomato Relish:
- 4 ears fresh white corn (like Silver Queen)
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender. Remove from heat; stir in crabmeat, 2 cups soft breadcrumbs, and next 9 ingredients. Shape mixture into 8 patties; dredge in remaining 1 cup soft breadcrumbs.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook 4 crab cakes 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 Tbsp. butter and crab cakes. Serve immediately with Sweet White-Corn-and Tomato Relish, or cover and chill up to 4 hours. Serves 4-8 depending on portion desired.
- Sweet White-Corn-and Tomato Relish: Cutting recipe in half is sufficient quantity for the crab cakes. Make sure to chill at least the 3 hrs.
- Cook corn in boiling water to cover 1 minute; drain and cool. Cut kernels from cobs.
- Stir together corn, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients; cover and chill 3 hours. Makes 3 cups.
Recipes for Vitality
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)See More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More