- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for shells
- ½ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- A few drops hot sauce
- 2 tbsp minced fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in crab and bread crumbs until combined well, being careful to leave chunks of crab meat.
- If the mixture looks too dry, add a bit of mayonnaise; if the mixture looks too wet, add more bread crumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Form crab mixture into 6 flattened rounds, each about 3 inches wide and ¾ inches thick, and transfer to baking sheet.
- Chill crab cakes, covered with plastic wrap, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- In a heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter over moderate heat until foam subsides and cook half of crab cakes until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook remaining cakes in remaining tablespoon butter in same manner.
- Serve crab cakes warm with lemon wedges.
NotesThese are a lovely way to enjoy crab. There is very little in the way of filler, binder, or seasoning, as I like the crab itself to be the star.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More