- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for shells
- ½ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- A few drops hot sauce
- 2 tbsp minced fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in crab and bread crumbs until combined well, being careful to leave chunks of crab meat.
- If the mixture looks too dry, add a bit of mayonnaise; if the mixture looks too wet, add more bread crumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Form crab mixture into 6 flattened rounds, each about 3 inches wide and ¾ inches thick, and transfer to baking sheet.
- Chill crab cakes, covered with plastic wrap, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- In a heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter over moderate heat until foam subsides and cook half of crab cakes until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook remaining cakes in remaining tablespoon butter in same manner.
- Serve crab cakes warm with lemon wedges.
NotesThese are a lovely way to enjoy crab. There is very little in the way of filler, binder, or seasoning, as I like the crab itself to be the star.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More