- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Lb. cleaned crab meat
- 3 T minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 - 3 T minced onion
- 2 - 3 T minced red sweet pepper
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Egg
- Canola or safflower oil for frying
- 1 - 2 C Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 2 - 4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. (crab through egg)
- Heat oil in a deep pan or fryer.
- Mix bread crumbs and old bay
- Take desired amount of crab mix and squeeze out liquid back into bowl.
- Form into desired shape (cake or ball)
- Cover with bread crumb mix and set aside.
- When all cakes / balls are formed, roll 1 more time in bread crumbs.
- Fry till golden brown - drain
- For cakes, divide in 4 or 6 parts, … for balls, use about 3 T each.
NotesThis was my Mom’s recipe. There is no bread/potato filler. It’s solid crab meat.
I often make this into 1” balls instead of cakes. They are good hot, warm or cold.
These freeze nicely and are best reheated in a hot skillet.
For a special treat, try them as the 'meat' in Eggs Benedict.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
AMFC Clamily Cook Book
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More