- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 40 canapes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can lump crabmeat
- 1 package cream cheese, at room temperature, 8 oz.
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 to 5 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 loaf cocktail rye bread
- In a medium nonreactive bowl, cream together crab, cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, Worcestershire, dried onion and pepper if it's being used.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 3 hours to let ingredients marry.
- To assemble canapés, spread about 1-tablespoon crab mixture on each piece of cocktail rye bread.
- Place on a cookie sheet under a medium broiler and heat until crab mixture browns slightly and puffs and edges of the bread brown.
- Be careful not to overcook.
NotesGreat for parties!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More