- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 40 canapes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can lump crabmeat
- 1 package cream cheese, at room temperature, 8 oz.
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 to 5 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 loaf cocktail rye bread
- In a medium nonreactive bowl, cream together crab, cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, Worcestershire, dried onion and pepper if it's being used.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 3 hours to let ingredients marry.
- To assemble canapés, spread about 1-tablespoon crab mixture on each piece of cocktail rye bread.
- Place on a cookie sheet under a medium broiler and heat until crab mixture browns slightly and puffs and edges of the bread brown.
- Be careful not to overcook.
NotesGreat for parties!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More