- Servings: 40 canapes
- 1 can lump crabmeat
- 1 package cream cheese, at room temperature, 8 oz.
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 to 5 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 loaf cocktail rye bread
In a medium nonreactive bowl, cream together crab, cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, Worcestershire, dried onion and pepper if it's being used.
Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 3 hours to let ingredients marry.
To assemble canapés, spread about 1-tablespoon crab mixture on each piece of cocktail rye bread.
Place on a cookie sheet under a medium broiler and heat until crab mixture browns slightly and puffs and edges of the bread brown.
Be careful not to overcook.