CRAB CHEESE FONDUE
- Servings: 3 cups
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom or celery soup,undiluted
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 (6-ounce) can crab meat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Cubed French bread, cherry tomatoes, baby
- zucchini, cooked new potatoes and/or
- artichoke hearts for dipping
In a saucepan, combine milk and soup until blended.
Add cheeses; cook and stir over low heat until melted.
Stir in crab and lemon juice; remove from the heat.
Rub the interior of a fondue pot with the cut side of garlic; discard garlic.
Pour cheese mixture into pot; keep at a gentle simmer over low heat.
Serve with bread cubes, tomatoes, zucchini, potatoes and/or artichoke hearts.