- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryCrab Empanadas are a fun new way to use frozen dough. Delicious ingredients all wrapped up for you to enjoy.
- 8 Rhodes ™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 2-6 oz cans crab, well drained
- 1 medium size tomato, diced
- 2 teaspooons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- grated zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Flatten each roll into a 5 to 6-inch circle. In a bowl, combine crab, tomato, cilantro, salt, pepper, lime zest, lime juice and jalapeno pepper. Toss together lightly. Divide crab mixture equally and spoon onto one half of each circle. Moisten edges of dough with water and fold over like a turnover. Crimp edges, with a fork, to seal. Cut 2 small slits in the top of each empanada. Place on a sprayed baking sheet. Brush with egg white. Bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.