- Cooking Time: 18-21
- Preparation Time:
- phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces crabmeat, picked over for shells
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Thaw phyllo dough at room temperature for 2 hours.
- On a cutting board place one sheet of phyllo dough and brush with melted butter.
- Stack a second sheet atop the first, again brushing with butter.
- Continue in this manner until 8 sheets have been stacked and buttered.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 6 squares and transfer each into a ramekin or coffeecup buttered side down.
- Repeat with another 8 sheets so that you have a total of 12 phyllo cups.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- For the maque choux, preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add corn and shallots to the pan and saute until the corn begins to soften, 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add remaining vegetables and herbs and cook until heated through, another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Toss in crab and serve atop phyllo nests.
NotesSweet crab and summertime corn combine to make a delicious simple meal that pairs well with a crisp green salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
MidLife Road Trip's
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More