CRAB MAQUE CHOUX
- Cooking Time: 18-21
- phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces crabmeat, picked over for shells
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Thaw phyllo dough at room temperature for 2 hours.
On a cutting board place one sheet of phyllo dough and brush with melted butter.
Stack a second sheet atop the first, again brushing with butter.
Continue in this manner until 8 sheets have been stacked and buttered.
Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 6 squares and transfer each into a ramekin or coffeecup buttered side down.
Repeat with another 8 sheets so that you have a total of 12 phyllo cups.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
For the maque choux, preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Add corn and shallots to the pan and saute until the corn begins to soften, 5-7 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper, add remaining vegetables and herbs and cook until heated through, another 3 or 4 minutes.
Toss in crab and serve atop phyllo nests.