- Cooking Time: 18-21
- Preparation Time:
- phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces crabmeat, picked over for shells
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Thaw phyllo dough at room temperature for 2 hours.
- On a cutting board place one sheet of phyllo dough and brush with melted butter.
- Stack a second sheet atop the first, again brushing with butter.
- Continue in this manner until 8 sheets have been stacked and buttered.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 6 squares and transfer each into a ramekin or coffeecup buttered side down.
- Repeat with another 8 sheets so that you have a total of 12 phyllo cups.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- For the maque choux, preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add corn and shallots to the pan and saute until the corn begins to soften, 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add remaining vegetables and herbs and cook until heated through, another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Toss in crab and serve atop phyllo nests.
NotesSweet crab and summertime corn combine to make a delicious simple meal that pairs well with a crisp green salad.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More