- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy boyfriend's stepmother introduced this recipe to me...I think it's from one of her old cook books. It was sooooo yummy, I had to learn how to make it! :-D I usually do a half-recipe because it's enough for at least 20 people. A full recipe would be a mountain of dip! I also omit the almonds, but imagine they'd be very good in it...and I also add a little more garlic and dijon mustard, just to give it a little bit of a kick...but I don't measure that.
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 pound flaked crab meat
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Thoroughly combine cheese, mayonnaise, wine, mustard, sugar, onion juice, and garlic.
- Fold in crab and heat.
- Transfer to a warm chafing dish and sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
- Serve with crackers. May also be served cold.