- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 8oz package of full-fat cream cheese,
- 1 package of imitation crab meat (I prefer the kind at the asian market)
- 2-3 jumbo shrimp cooked (optional to make Seafood Rangoon)
- 1 Cup of chicken broth
- 1 package of the thick eggroll or wanton wrapper (again I prefer the kind at the asian market)
- 2 scallions or green onions
- 1 beaten egg
- Oil for deep fryer or deep pot. Add enough oil to make it about three inches deep within the pot.
- I think the chinese restaurant I worked at added MSG, but I don't.
- 1. Dice shrimp and crab into small pieces/very small.
- 2. Cut scallions/green onions and put it in a separate pile.
- 3. In a bowl, mix seafood mixture with cream cheese
- 4. Add chicken broth as needed to soften everything a little bit.
- 5. add scallions to add color, so just as much as you prefer.
- 6. Mix that all together.
- 7. Get the wonton wrappers ready (If eggroll wrapper, cut into 4ths) by laying it flat.
- 8. put a spoonful of the mixture in the middle of the wrapper
- 9. dip your finger into the egg mixture and line the outer edge of the wrapper (I usually outline 2 edges instead of all four)
- 10. bring two points together to form a triangle
- 11. press the edges together so there is no way for the mixture to escape
- 12. continue making them until they are all done
- 13. Heat oil to medium/medium low
- 14. put one crab rangoon in at a time make sure not to fill the pot
- 15. cook on one side, turn it over when edges lightly brown
- 16. it will float to top when done, it should be golden brown.
- use sweet and sour or chinese chili sauce as a dip, if desired
- if you make a lot, and don't want to cook them all at one time: put them on a cooking sheet in a single layer and freeze. Once frozen, put it in a freezer safe container. Just take out as many as you need and fry as needed.
NotesI use to work as a hostess at a very nice, local Chinese Restaurant. Between lunch and dinner we made the crab rangoons and wantons. Here is my crab rangoon recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More