- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz cream cheese – softened and beaten smooth w/ fork
- ½ cup of finely chopped imitation crab meat (this is one recipe where the imitation works better than the real stuff)
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 T chopped dried chives
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- pkg. wonton wrappers
- ½ inch cooking oil in pan
- Mix together filling and put a small bit of mixture in the middle of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with a bit of water and fold into triangles, being careful to remove all air bubbles. Freeze in a single layer (so they don’t stick together) and then put them into freezer bags when frozen. To cook, heat oil on medium heat* and fry until golden brown.
- These do take a while to assemble – set aside some time. I always make a double batch when I make these b/c I’d rather do it all at once and then not have the prep work when I do want to eat them. These will keep in the freezer for a couple of months, tightly sealed. Whenever the urge strikes just pop them in the heated oil while still frozen and they’ll be ready in less than 5 minutes.
- note: it’s important that you don’t get your oil too hot – especially when frying them from a frozen state. These will brown very quickly – 1 to 2 minutes - and you don’t want them brown outside and cold inside.
NotesThese are my re-creation of the rangoons from our local Chinese restaurant. It took me MANY attempts to perfect these but now, everyone prefers mine to the restaurant version! Great party food served with store bought duck sauce on the side.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More