- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1.5 or 2 lb. large Dungeness Crab
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 5 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, cut into short lengths
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 broth(I usually chicken broth)
- 1. Clean and cut the crb in half from the underside.
- Break off claws and crack them with the back of a cleaver(easy to eat later and let the flavor cooked through).
- Discard the legs and crack the shell, breaking into several pieces.
- Discard the feathery gills and teh sac.
- Put the pieces of crab aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine rice wine, cornstarch, egg. Pour mixture over the crab and marinate for 20 minutes.
- 3. Heat oil in a wok on high temperature.
- When the oil starts to smoke, add the crab pieces, ginger and scallion and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- The trick here is to make sure the wok is heated very very hot before putting the ingredients in.
- 4. Add soy sauce, sugar and broth and stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until crab is cooked.
- 5. Transfer crab to a serving dish, Drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with fresh scallion.
NotesThis dish looks far more complicated than it really is to prepare. My mother and I usually prepare this dish for the family holiday feast. My dad especially love this dish with lots of fresh scallions and chili sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce