- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 pound cooked Dungeness crab, cleaned (you will have about 1-1/2 cupd crabmeat)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil
- 3 Persian or regular cucumbers
- 1 to 2 wedges of lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Break up any large pieces of crabmeat with a fork.
- To make a lemon vinaigrette, combine the lemon juice and shallot in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the canola oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chives and chervil.
- Pour the lemon vinaigrette over the crabmeat and gently stir with a fork until evenly coated.
- Slice the cucumbers lengthwise into very thin strips. (A mandoline works best.)
- Slice the cucumber on one side until you reach the seeds, then turn the cucumber and slice the second side down to the seeds.
- Discard the center of the cucumber with the seeds.
- You will want about six strips of cucumber for each serving, or a total of 36 cucumber strips.
- For each serving, lay the six cucumber slices out flat and squeeze a few drops of lemon juice from a wedge of lemon over each cucumber slice, then grind a little black pepper over the cucumber.
- To assemble, measure 1/3 cup crab salad for each serving.
- Place a cucumber strip on a plate, then some of the salad onto the cucumber, then top with a second slice of cucumber, rippling and folding the cucumber in an attractive manner.
- Repeat using the remaining cucumber slices and crabmeat.
- Repeat this procedure for the remaining servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More