- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 pound cooked Dungeness crab, cleaned (you will have about 1-1/2 cupd crabmeat)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil
- 3 Persian or regular cucumbers
- 1 to 2 wedges of lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Break up any large pieces of crabmeat with a fork.
- To make a lemon vinaigrette, combine the lemon juice and shallot in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the canola oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chives and chervil.
- Pour the lemon vinaigrette over the crabmeat and gently stir with a fork until evenly coated.
- Slice the cucumbers lengthwise into very thin strips. (A mandoline works best.)
- Slice the cucumber on one side until you reach the seeds, then turn the cucumber and slice the second side down to the seeds.
- Discard the center of the cucumber with the seeds.
- You will want about six strips of cucumber for each serving, or a total of 36 cucumber strips.
- For each serving, lay the six cucumber slices out flat and squeeze a few drops of lemon juice from a wedge of lemon over each cucumber slice, then grind a little black pepper over the cucumber.
- To assemble, measure 1/3 cup crab salad for each serving.
- Place a cucumber strip on a plate, then some of the salad onto the cucumber, then top with a second slice of cucumber, rippling and folding the cucumber in an attractive manner.
- Repeat using the remaining cucumber slices and crabmeat.
- Repeat this procedure for the remaining servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More