- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesean
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cups chopped asst. wild mushrooms
- 3 pkgs. cream cheese -- (8 ounce) room temp.
- 1 pkg. cream cheese -- (4 ounce) room temp.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lg. eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups drained crabmeat
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- For Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingrediants in medium bowl until well blended.
- Press mixture onto bottom (not sides) of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 min. Cool while preparing filling.
- For filling:
- Heat 1 T. oil in pan over med.-high heat.
- Add onion and red pepper and saute until liquid evaporates and mushrooms brown, about 10 min. Cool.
- Using mixer, beat cream cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then add whipping cream.
- Mix in veggie mixture, crabmeat, Gouda and parsley.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until cake browns and puffs on top but center moves slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour 30 min.
- Transfer pan to rack and cool.
- Run knife around sides to loosen. Release side of pan.
- Serve at room temp. with baguette slices.
NotesThis is a great holiday/company recipe because it serves so many. It's best at room temp.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Italy or Bust
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More