- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesean
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cups chopped asst. wild mushrooms
- 3 pkgs. cream cheese -- (8 ounce) room temp.
- 1 pkg. cream cheese -- (4 ounce) room temp.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lg. eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups drained crabmeat
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- For Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingrediants in medium bowl until well blended.
- Press mixture onto bottom (not sides) of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 min. Cool while preparing filling.
- For filling:
- Heat 1 T. oil in pan over med.-high heat.
- Add onion and red pepper and saute until liquid evaporates and mushrooms brown, about 10 min. Cool.
- Using mixer, beat cream cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then add whipping cream.
- Mix in veggie mixture, crabmeat, Gouda and parsley.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until cake browns and puffs on top but center moves slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour 30 min.
- Transfer pan to rack and cool.
- Run knife around sides to loosen. Release side of pan.
- Serve at room temp. with baguette slices.
NotesThis is a great holiday/company recipe because it serves so many. It's best at room temp.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More