- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breast, whole, about 1 lb each, split, boned and skinned
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, including tops
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound crab meat, fresh or canned
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Swiss cheese (4 oz.) shredded
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic film on a cutting board. With a mallet, pound breasts until each is about 1/4 inch thick; set aside.
- In a wide frying pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until soft. Blend in flour and thyme and cook, stirring, until bubbly. Gradually pour in broth, milk, and wine and continue cooking and stirring until sauce boils and thickens. Seasons to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup of the sauce, crab, parsley, and bread crumbs. Divide mixture among chicken breasts; fold edges up and over mixture; roll up tightly into a bundle. Place bundles, seam side down, in a lightly greased shallow 3 quart casserole or 9 x 13-inch baking dish. spoon remaining sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cheese. (At this point, you may cover and refrigerate until next day.)
- Bake, covered, in a 400 degrees oven for about 40 minutes (50 minutes if refrigerated) or until meat is no longer pink when slashed. Makes 4 to 8 servings.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Recipes Worth Counter Surfing For - Vizsla Owners Best Loved RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More