- 1 cup cooked flaked crab
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 24 large mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Wash mushrooms well, remove stems, and set caps aside.
Finely chop about 1/2 the mushroom stems. (Use the remainder in another recipe or freeze for later use.)
Mix cream cheese, crab, chopped stems, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, basil, garlic powder, onions, and lemon pepper.
Fill mushroom caps with the crab mixture and place in a large, lightly greased baking dish.
Top with the grated Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. (Recipe may be prepared to this point and refrigerated, covered, overnight.)
Bake at 450ºF for 15-20 minutes and serve warm.