- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4-5 quarts of crabapples (to make juice)
- 6-7 cups of water
- 7 cups of prepared crabapple juice
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 box of pectin
- 9 cups of sugar
- red food coloring
- To prepared friut for juice: Remove both the blossem and stem ends from the crabapples, cut into quarters. Do not peel or seed. Place the crabapple chunks into a large pot. Add the 6-7 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer covered for 10 minutes. Using a potato masher crush pulp and simmer covered, 5 more minutes.
- PLace prepared fruit in a cheesecloth lined colander and place over a large clean bowl. Allow to drip freely for a few hours. Do not squeeze or press as it will make for a cloudy jelly. Up to 1/2 cup of water may be used to get the 7 cups of juice.
- To make jelly: In a large pot place the crabapple juice, lemon juice and pectin crystals, stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, add the sugar. Return to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add food coloring and skim and stir for 5 minutes. Pour into warm sterlized jars and apply lids and screw bands.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More