- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 eggs
- 1 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- small red chilies (optional - for garnish)
- 16 sprigs fresh parsley (optional - for garnish))
- Place the eggs in a large
- saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with cold water. Bring to the water to a boil on
- high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the eggs for about 15 minutes.
- Immediately drain the hot water from the eggs and then run cold water over eggs
- to stop the cooking process.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop the yolks from 4 of the
- eggs into a medium bowl. Remove remaining 4 yolks and reserve them for another
- Add the crabmeat, mayonnaise, dry mustard and cayenne pepper to the yolks in
- the bowl. Mix and mash everything together with a fork until the ingredients
- are well blended. Mound the yolk mixture into the center of each cooked egg
- white. Garnish each with a parsley sprig and a small sliver of chopped red chili.
- Cover, and refrigerate until serving time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
MetroCooking DC 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More