- Cooking Time: 9 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups of Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- melted butter for brushing tops
- 1. Heat oven to 450 F.
- 2. Combine Bisquick, buttermilk, and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3. Add 1 tablespoon of melted butter to mix and blend until forms a soft dough.
- 4. Place dough mix on well floured work area and knead together 20 times.
- 5. Roll dough out on surface area to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- 6. Use a 2 inch round cutter to cut biscuit from dough.
- 7. Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet.
- 8. Brush tops of biscuits with additional melted butter.
- 9. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
- 10. After removing biscuits from oven, brush tops again with melted butter
NotesI come from a family of southern cooks. So I doubt that you will be surprised that Cracker Barrel is one of our favorite restaurants. With each meal you can choose between biscuits or cornbread (I love both and will share the cornbread recipe in the future). Homemade buttermilk biscuits always remind me of my grandmother. I do not remember many times that I was at her house that there was not a pan of biscuits setting on top of the stove for everyone to enjoy when they stopped to visit. There are many versions of this recipe out there but this one comes as close as I personally have found. So grab a plate and your favorite honey or jam and enjoy.
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
Fun appetizers and snacks
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More