- Cooking Time: 135
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds boneless chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4-6 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbs flour
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cans (13 3/4 oz.) beef broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans (optional)
- Heat oil in kettle over medium heat.
- Add beef, stirring frequently, until meat changes color (not brown).
- Lower heat, stir in garlic.
- Combine chili powder, cumin and flour.
- Sprinkle meat with chili mixture, stirring until meat is evenly coated.
- Crumble oregano over meat.
- Add 1 1/2 cans broth and stir until liquid is well blended.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, over low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally; add remaining broth.
- Cook 30 minutes more or until meat is almost falling apart.
NotesLooking for Texas Chili? You've come to the right place... make & share with friends!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce