- Cooking Time: 135
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds boneless chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4-6 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbs flour
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cans (13 3/4 oz.) beef broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans (optional)
- Heat oil in kettle over medium heat.
- Add beef, stirring frequently, until meat changes color (not brown).
- Lower heat, stir in garlic.
- Combine chili powder, cumin and flour.
- Sprinkle meat with chili mixture, stirring until meat is evenly coated.
- Crumble oregano over meat.
- Add 1 1/2 cans broth and stir until liquid is well blended.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, over low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally; add remaining broth.
- Cook 30 minutes more or until meat is almost falling apart.
NotesLooking for Texas Chili? You've come to the right place... make & share with friends!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More