- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped (or you can cheat like did and use the pre-sliced ones)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread almond on parchment paper lined baking sheet and toast in the oven until lightly brown and fragrant. After about 5 minutes remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- Combine sugar and butter, beat until no butter pieces are visible.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Slowly add in dry mixture for wet mixture until combined.
- Add almonds and cranberries and beat just till incorporated.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and divide in half. Shape each portion into a log and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until logs are golden brown and firm to the touch. Transfer to wire rack and cool for about 5 minutes. While cooling, reduce over temperature to 250 degrees.
- On a cutting board, place logs and cut on a diagonal into 1/3 inch thick slices. Arrange slices of biscotti, cut side up and bake for another hour. At this point the slices should be dry and firm to the touch. Remove and cool completely.
NotesMy friend Jed and I used to spend our summer mornings in grad school sipping on coffee, eating my baked goods and watching Country Music Television. After grad school Jed went off to pursue his PhD in Michigan and I made my way to Texas for my first big girl job. Even though we're miles apart I wanted to make something special for Jed that he could have while having his morning cup of coffee.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More