- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 Stick Melted Butter
- 1/4 Cup orange juice
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large tart apples
- 1/4 Cup dried Cranberries
- 1 lb loaf of day old bread- (needs to be thick)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 Tbs Vanilla
- In a large owl combine melted butter, syrup, brown sugar, OJ, 1 tsp of the cinnamon and nutmeg. Add slices apple and cranberries and mix lightly. Lightly butter a 9x13 glass baking dish. Spread apple mixture on the bottom.
- Place bread slices over the whole pan. Leave no empty spots.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon. Whisk together and pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour but up to 24.
- Bake covered at 375 for 40 mins. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 mins. Let stand for and additional 5.Cut and serve with warm syrup.
NotesThis recipe came from my mother in law, which I think she got from someone at work. She made it while we were visiting and it was awesome. I have tweaked it just a tad. I served it for brunch this weekend and it was a huge hit. Enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
The One Dollar Cookbook
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More