- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or 1/4 cup sugar plus 1/4 cup Splenda)
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Plus*
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith Apples; peeled, cored and cubed
- 3 Cortland apples; peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup simple syrup**
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2cup non-instant oatmeal
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (or Splenda brown sugar substitute)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 stick butter
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, blend granulated sugar, corn starch, Cinnamon Plus and cinnamon. Add apple cubes, lemon juice, cranberries, simple syrup and honey. Toss to mix well. Spread fruit mixture into bottom of glass or stoneware baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine oatmeal, brown sugar and flour. Add butter and use pastry blender or two knives to cut butter into small chunks within dry ingredients. Toss again and sprinkle over top of fruit. Lightly sprinkle with extra cinnamon if desired.
- Bake for 55 minutes until fruit is tender and top is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in pan. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream or whipped topping of choice.
- *If you don't have the Pampered Chef spice, Cinnamon Plus, you can substitute 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg with a dash of grated orange peel.
- **To make simple syrup, boil 1 cup water and add 2 cups granulated sugar. Simmer for five minutes. Allow to cool and keep in a covered container in the refrigerator.
NotesNothing says Fall like baking with apples and cranberries. This crisp is so good you may want to consider making a double batch to make sure there will be enough to go around.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Italy or BustSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More