- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon McCormickÂ® Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormickÂ® Rosemary Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormickÂ® Parsley Flakes
- 2 red tart apples, cored and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 4 cups unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add celery and onion; saute 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in next 5 ingredients and orange peel, if desired.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl; stir in fruit mixture. Add broth; toss to combine. Place in 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover and bake in a 325Â°F oven 35-40 minutes.
NotesI am currently planning with my husband's aunt for the "clan" dinner and I asked her about stuffing since she didn't mention anyone bringing it or her making it. I offered (I am already making stuffing the same day for the dinner I am hosting in the evening for my family!) and she said she had this recipe. I am used to what she deems "savory" stuffings, but I am up for trying anything once and I tested it last night - great :)
Cranberry Apple Stuffing combines tart fruit with savory herbs for a delicious flavor twist. Serve this colorful stuffing with roast chicken or pork, or with a holiday turkey.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Adventures in Cooking
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More