- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, almonds or pistachios coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl to blend. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in nuts, cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a 13 inch long, 3 inch wide log on the baking sheet. Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place the log on the cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into Ã‚Â½ to Ã‚Â¾ inch thick slices. Arrange the biscotti, cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti until they are pale golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
- The biscotti can be made ahead. Store them in an airtight container up to 4 days or wrap then in foil and freeze in resalable plastic bags up to 3 weeks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Vegan Eats!See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More