- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, almonds or pistachios coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl to blend. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in nuts, cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a 13 inch long, 3 inch wide log on the baking sheet. Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place the log on the cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into Ã‚Â½ to Ã‚Â¾ inch thick slices. Arrange the biscotti, cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti until they are pale golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
- The biscotti can be made ahead. Store them in an airtight container up to 4 days or wrap then in foil and freeze in resalable plastic bags up to 3 weeks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More