- Cooking Time: 60 to 70
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Tablespoons Shortening
- 8 Cups All Purpose flour
- 4 Cups sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 teaspoons grated orange rind
- Juice from 4 oranges
- 6 cups shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cranberries, halved
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 4 loaf pans (9x5x3 inches).
- Cut shortening into flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange rind.
- Add water to juice measure 3 1/2 cups; blend in with cheese, eggs.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Bake in prepared pans 60 or 70 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center come out clean.
- Let loaves stand 8 hours before serving.
NotesStill not too late to bake this delicious bread for Thanksgiving!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More